tate ambient power module

Posted on Feb 7, 2014

Hey another cool thing I found is that if you earth both the earth of the circuit to ground and the other end of the antenna to a separate ground, you increase the power dramaticaly, compared to using a normal antenna and coil. I made a similar coil to the one mentioned on the ambient power web page but it didn`t help. I have tested and found that

tate ambient power module
Click here to download the full size of the above Circuit.

the power output is greatly related to how large your capacitors are and how well grounded your antenna and circuit grounds are. A metal stake shoved in the ground provides a reasonable ground. But I found that it is much better to get the largest surface area of metal in contact with the ground as possible. I even tryed digging a hole and planting aluminium foil sheets in the ground. That worked quite well. At the moment I am using the earth of the house for the circuit earth and a metal fence for the antenna earth. This is working great. So far I am using 470uF capacitors and IN60 germanium diodes as they have a low voltage drop and the capacitors collect more current compared to 47uF. I also replaced the 0. 2uF capacitors in the original diagram to 47uF capacitors aswell. I also intend to replace them all to much higher capacitor values. Although the mentioned 50-500 farred capacitors on the web site cost a fortune as each one costs $1000+ each and I would need 12 of them. The first circuit showen on the web page that had the problem with the diode, I fixed and is running quite well. I have included a picture of the fixed circuit in this e-mail as an attatchment if you would like to have a look at it. If you have a look at the circuit you will see that it is the diode in red that has been fixed. This circuit has been test run with a computer program as well as practicaly. An example output of current and voltage...

Leave Comment

characters left:

Related Circuits

  • New Circuits



    Popular Circuits

    Flashing LEDs toy with 555
    Mobile Bug Detector
    Remote control by mobile phone
    Frequency/Tone Decoder Circuit Using TC9400 FVC
    Programmable Stiffness Joint
    simple lamp dimmer 220v using triac
    Power Driver For 20W LED circuit
    Rolling Shutter Motor Control
    230 V 50Hz AC (or 110V 60Hz) Main Operated LED Powerful NIGHT LAMPCircuit
    The electronic energy saving lamp maintenance circuit diagram