PC Serial Port Receiver

  

Rating: 0.00 / 5 
Inside:
PC Circuits / Computer Circuits
This circuit was designed to control a 32 channel Christmas light show from the PC serial port. Originally designed with TTL logic, it has been simplified using CMOS circuits to reduce component count. It is a fairly simple, reliable circuit that requires only 4 common CMOS chips (for 8 outputs), an optical isolator, and a few discrete components. The schematic diagram (SERIAL.GIF) illustrates the circuit with 16 outputs which can be expanded with additional 8 bit shift registers.
PC Serial Port Receiver - schematic



Recommended videos


  • Series and Parallel Circuits
    Duration: 8:05.
  • New Invention - Circuit Scribe - Draw Circuits Instantly with conductive silver ink
    Duration: 2:23.
  • #157: Circuit fun: Automatic audio leveling circuit | audio compressor | for scanning receiver
    Duration: 12:30.

News


  • Elektor (blog)
    Elektor (blog) This is ideal for products in which boards are mounted at different angles to each other and there is no requirement for ongoing flexibility. The circuit board only needs to be bent into the desired shape once, during assembly
     28 July 2016
  • The Verge
    The Verge Amelia shot reportage photos of each stage of the process and mountains of discarded TVs, , cell phones —even an Apple II, complete with box. ... 99% of that was recycled; the remaining 1% was reused in some fashion or added t
     26 June 2016
  • Android Police
    Android Police I believe SMT stands for Surface Mount , and refers generally to the process of mounting and connecting up all the components on the silicon that make up the phone's boards. I'll be honest: I'm not an engineer (could you tell
     1 April 2016
  • Farm Industry News (subscription)
    “That can be very difficult, especially with how fast parts change.” So while the exterior of a control unit may look the same from year to year, the components inside may be different. However, engineers must ensure all units work
     31 March 2016
  • Firstpost
    Financial Express Besides, stock exchanges had put in place filters to stave off excessive volatility in stocks as well as derivatives segments. Brokerages and other market entities had also advised at that time to ensure there are no sudden
     9 November 2015
  • Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
    There may be several reasons why GSR is not widely used in psychotherapy, but one surely is that the was discredited in the 1950s when it was very prominently used in the Dianetics and Scientology movement. That was the time when Freud's
     25 July 2015
  • Computerworld
    Computerworld For example, Georgia , the University of Tokyo and Microsoft Research have all created printable circuits over the past two years. One company, called Bare Conductive, has ... Mac and Linux operating systems. It connects to a v
     17 February 2015
  • I-Connect007
    He's spent decades designing PCBs for a variety of applications, including defense, aerospace, , and high-performance audio. I asked David to share some of his thoughts on designing high- boards with increasingly finer spaces, traces and ..
     9 February 2015
  • IEEE Spectrum
    IEEE Spectrum Today, that's done using sophisticated -aided-design software. These CAD tools are created by specialized companies that often work closely with chipmakers. The tools frequently contain millions of lines of code, and they change
     20 January 2015

.